So you want to get your handmade products into shops, galleries, or boutiques… BUT – how do you find the right ones to approach?
There are a ton of ways to do this – many of which we teach in my newly available course – Wholesale Know-How – but in this episode, I’m outlining just 5 of the strategies you can use to track down potential new stockists who would be a perfect fit for your product.
It’s important to get this step right, so you don’t waste time approaching the wrong type of stores. Of course, not every store you approach will say yes (even if you are a perfect fit!) but you vastly increase the likelihood of a store buying from you if you do the research and hard yards beforehand to make sure they’re a great fit.
Do you dream of walking into your favourite boutique or gallery store, and seeing your beautiful creations on the shelves?
Do you love the idea of just making, and letting someone else do the ‘selling’ for you?
Do you want to get your work out into the world, because you know people will fall in love with it if they could just see it right in front of them?
Then selling wholesale is the perfect choice for you!
The self-study course – Wholesale Know-How – will show you EXACTLY how to make that happen.
Support the show
You can make a secure donation (of the amount of your choice) via the Paypal button below.
Each donation helps cover the cost of hosting, show-note writing, research, interviewing, recording, editing, etc. etc.
In short – it helps to cover the time and financial costs of putting together a free weekly show to help you grow your handmade business.
You can also:
Quotes and highlights from this episode:
- Before you think about finding stockists – you’ve got to know who your ideal customer is, and where they shop.
- Before you think about wholesaling, you HAVE to get your pricing right, or you won’t be making any money.
- So, how can you find stockists? I share 5 ways in this episode, including:
- Using a wholesale agent, and the pros and cons of this (sharing my own experience), and
- Asking friends and family who fit your ideal customer profile to tell you about places in their local area + more!
Want to start or overhaul an Etsy shop?
Download this FREE 2-page checklist now - it's part of my Handmade Business Toolkit for Makers.
Don't make those common Etsy mistakes: make sure your Etsy shop is the best it can be!
(P.S. It’s also packed full of links to additional resources on all aspects of Etsy shop setup.)