We all face challenges when starting a business or even further along the track when we are attempting to grow and change.
I know I still get a little bit of fear when I launch a new product, publish a post or start a new project.
What’s the key to knowing what’s holding you back?
There are four main elements which may make you feel like you can’t get started or that you are unable to take the next step:
- Knowledge: You can’t possibly know all there is to know about owning a business and the truth is, often you don’t even know what knowledge you might need.
- Time: We all have the same 24 hours in every day but we also have different circumstances.
- Money: Not everyone has a bunch of money to invest into a business but others may have significant capital right from the start.
- Fear: This is the most significant hurdle in achieving your goals, whether it be the fear of failure or the fear of success.
What changes can we make in our lives which can overcome these problems? How can we be kinder to ourselves to ensure we feel confident enough to realise our dreams?
There will be failures and there will probably be a few of them but that doesn’t mean ‘we’ are a failure. Just like learning to ride a bike, you fall off a few times before you get the hang of it and each time you fall, you dust yourself off and get back on and try again.
Love the show? You can show your support by:
- Leaving a review on the C&T FB page.
- Leaving a review on iTunes.
- Donating a few dollars towards the costs of producing the pod.
- Joining the Thriver Circle – without the members of the Circle, this podcast would not be possible.
Similarly, there will be successes! Own them and be proud of yourself and feel deserving of those wins. You can be a huge success whilst still staying humble and thankful.
Accept that you are in total control of your own life and your creative biz and you can make the changes necessary to be successful.
Quotes and highlights from this episode:
- ‘There were times when I thought, I’m never going to figure anything out’
- Having people to talk to – like a mentor or group – is the best place to learn.
- The info is out there, it’s really about having a filter.
- You CAN break out of the lifestyle you have created for yourself and you can create something different.
- There are a lot of time-wasting things we do. Figure out what they are, stop wasting them and let yourself be goal-centered on how you spend those pockets of time.
- It’s never been easier than it is now to make money from your creativity.
- You need to spend one or the other – you need to spend time or money. You need to decide what you have more of to spend.
- The most important thing that holds you back is fear.
- Are you being positive or are you telling yourself negative thoughts?
- “You can be confident and humble at the same time.”
- “You will fail and you will fail a lot and you’ll do it over and over and that is OK.”
- Don’t be scared of doing things because you think you won’t be doing it right.
- “Just Start”
- Whenever you put anything out into the world, it’s scary because you’re putting a little piece of yourself out there for the world to judge.
- “Feel the fear and do it anyway”
- Focus on the small wins, the little steps you can take to overcoming these things everyday.