Do you ever want to just remove social media from your life?
Does it feel like it takes up too much of your time or energy – and do you find yourself getting stressed out by it?
Whether it’s for personal or business use, sometimes it can be refreshing (not to mention relaxing!) to take a break from using social media.
I’ve done shorter social media sabbaticals before – but this is the first time I’ve gone off social media for a whole month.
In this video/podcast I discuss why I did it; how I planned for it (so that I didn’t tank my businesses in the process) and the outcome!
You can listen to this podcast below, or on your fave podcast app – or you can watch it on YouTube!
Watch on YouTube…
Support the show
You can make a secure donation (of the amount of your choice) via the Paypal button below.
Each donation helps cover the cost of hosting, show-note writing, research, interviewing, recording, editing, etc. etc.
In short – it helps to cover the time and financial costs of putting together a free weekly show to help you grow your handmade business.
You can also:
- Leave a review on the C&T FB page.
- Leave a review on Apple Podcasts.
- Join the Thriver Circle – without the members of the Circle, this podcast would not be possible.
Podcast: Play in new window | Download | Embed
Subscribe: Google Podcasts | Spotify | More
Highlights from this episode:
- 1. Preparation – make sure you don’t just disappear – you need to prepare yourself, and your audience, for your absence.
- Implementation – ensure you have removed any temptation/ways to access social media, and have other activities in place to do when the urge strikes.
- Outcome – I loved it! But this wasn’t my first social media sabbatical – just the longest. If it’s your first time, start small.
Want to start or overhaul an Etsy shop?
Download this FREE 2-page checklist now - it's part of my Handmade Business Toolkit for Makers.
Don't make those common Etsy mistakes: make sure your Etsy shop is the best it can be!
(P.S. It’s also packed full of links to additional resources on all aspects of Etsy shop setup.)