Are you using Pinterest to grow your handmade business?
If not, (or, if you’ve been slacking off – looking in the mirror here!) then it’s time to revisit why Pinterest is SUCH a great, effective tool to use.
Today, I’m going to outline 5 reasons why you should consider making Pinterest a key part of your handmade biz marketing strategy.
Also! This month over in the Thriver Circle, I’m releasing a workshop all about Pinterest – how to get started, and the key things you need to know in order to succeed on the platform in 2020 as a handmade business owner.
Moreover, in September, I’ll be running the #PinterestChallenge! This is a challenge I’ve run once a year for a number of years now inside the Circle – it’s basically a challenge to spend 10 minutes a day for the whole month working on Pinterest – with a whole community doing the same!
So if you’d like to get a handle on Pinterest, don’t miss it – come on over and join us in the Circle before the end of August so you have a chance to take the workshop before the #PinterestChallenge kicks off September 1st!
You can listen to this podcast below, or on your fave podcast app – or you can watch it on youtube!
Watch on YouTube…
Support the show
You can make a secure donation (of the amount of your choice) via the Paypal button below.
Each donation helps cover the cost of hosting, show-note writing, research, interviewing, recording, editing, etc. etc.
In short – it helps to cover the time and financial costs of putting together a free weekly show to help you grow your handmade business.
You can also:
Highlights from this episode:
- SEO – Pinterest gets lumped together with social media, but it’s more of a search engine. People search on there for things they want – often for things they want to buy – especially around events, and things like house decor design.
- Longevity – drives traffic forever, versus the very short-term reach of social media posts. I still get traffic from pins from many years ago!
- Visual advantage – as a maker of physical items, you already have lots of content for pinterest! Just upload your lovely photos.
- Low-effort – You’ve already got the content (photos, description and keywords) – you just need to add and organise it. No writing big captions. No having to engage with your followers. Simply upload and you’re done!
- Hate social media? If you don’t enjoy social media, then Pinterest is an essential tool in your marketing arsenal. I personally don’t spend more than ½ hour per month on the social media channels for my jewellery business – 99% of my sales come from SEO and Pinterest – with some from my mailing list when I send out an email, too. While I think you should have a presence – you do not need to be active on social media to run a successful handmade business!
Want to start or overhaul an Etsy shop?
Download this FREE 2-page checklist now - it's part of my Handmade Business Toolkit for Makers.
Don't make those common Etsy mistakes: make sure your Etsy shop is the best it can be!
(P.S. It’s also packed full of links to additional resources on all aspects of Etsy shop setup.)