One of the most common laments I hear from my students is that ‘I’m not where I thought I’d be by now’.
There are oodles of reasons this may be. Life happens.
But one of the most common reasons is a lack of commitment and focus.
If you don’t commit to carving out the time to do your work – and then actually doing it – you simply won’t move forward.
Obligation, procrastination, lack of confidence – all of these things can get in the way of us actually doing the work. Goodness knows I’ve been there myself too many times to count.
But the people who succeed… they’re the ones that show up, consistently – for years – and just do the work.
Over, and over, and over again.
Support the show
You can make a secure donation (of the amount of your choice) via the Paypal button below.
Each donation helps cover the cost of hosting, show-note writing, research, interviewing, recording, editing, etc. etc.
In short – it helps to cover the time and financial costs of putting together a free weekly show to help you grow your handmade business.
You can also:
Quotes and highlights from this episode:
- Gary Vee – Crushing It.
- The speed at which your biz grows is dependent on the time you can put into it.
- Decide how fast and how big you want it to grow – is this compatible with your desired lifestyle & your current obligations?
- You can’t wait for time to arise, you have to carve time out – which may mean saying no.
- You teach your family & friends how to treat your work by how you set boundaries.
- Do the work. Show up. Consistently. For years. You will make progress.
Want to start or overhaul an Etsy shop?
Download this FREE 2-page checklist now - it's part of my Handmade Business Toolkit for Makers.
Don't make those common Etsy mistakes: make sure your Etsy shop is the best it can be!
(P.S. It’s also packed full of links to additional resources on all aspects of Etsy shop setup.)