Usually, we focus on getting more traffic to our handmade shops online.
However – have you ever thought about your conversion rate?
Out of the traffic you get through your virtual door – how many of those potential customers become actual customers?
In today’s episode, I’m going to be sharing 8 possible reasons why your shop is struggling to convert those visitors into customers.
If you’ve ever asked yourself ‘I’m getting all these visitors, but no-one is buying… why?’ – then this episode is for you.
If you’ve never calculated your conversion rate before, there’s a handy formula further down – make sure to check out what YOUR conversion rate currently is – and see if it’s something you need to work on improving.
Support the show
You can make a secure donation (of the amount of your choice) via the Paypal button below.
Each donation helps cover the cost of hosting, show-note writing, research, interviewing, recording, editing, etc. etc.
In short – it helps to cover the time and financial costs of putting together a free weekly show to help you grow your handmade business.
You can also:
- Leave a review on the C&T FB page.
- Leave a review on Apple Podcasts.
- Join the Thriver Circle – without the members of the Circle, this podcast would not be possible.
Quotes and highlights from this episode:
First – know your conversion rate. If you’re seeing less than 2 percent and your conversion ask isn’t significant, you’re likely facing a conversion problem
(Number of sales you get per month / number of visitors to your site per month) x 100 = your conversion rate as a percentage
- Bad photography/lacking photography (size, in situ)
- Descriptions that lack crucial detail (not answering common objections/questions)
- Overly complex checkout process
- Website is difficult to navigate/poorly designed
- Lack of trust (not having https for example, no reviews, no real name)
- You aren’t marketing to the right people (ideal customer)
- Mismatch between price and perceived value
- Choice paralysis (too many options)
Want to start or overhaul an Etsy shop?
Download this FREE 2-page checklist now - it's part of my Handmade Business Toolkit for Makers.
Don't make those common Etsy mistakes: make sure your Etsy shop is the best it can be!
(P.S. It’s also packed full of links to additional resources on all aspects of Etsy shop setup.)