5 Key Steps to Setting Up Shop Online
If you are still on the fence about selling your handmade goods online – or, you’ve started the process but don’t really know where to go next, this episode is for you. In it, I outline 5 important steps you need to take in order to set up your online store successfully.
With my flagship ecourse – Set Up Shop – opening for registration next week, I wanted to give you a taste of the sort of content we cover in the course, as well as giving you 5 concrete steps that you must take in order to start setting up a well-planned online store.
These 5 steps are just the tip of the iceberg, but they will stand you in good stead – whether you’re just starting out, or looking to revamp your online presence.
If you’d like to join me for Set Up Shop, registration opens next week! It’s a 30-day intensive course, during which I’ll teach you all the steps you need to follow in order to set up an awesome online shop for your craft (no matter what venue you want to sell on).
Quotes and highlights from this Episode:
- 1. Decide where you are going to sell
- There are so many website providers and online venues that it can be overwhelming to decide where to sell.
- There is no one size fits all.
- You should have your own website and you should have your own domain name to keep professional.
- 2. Work on your photography
- Once you change from hobby to business you really need to be thinking about your photography.
- Photography is super important in order to attract your customers.
- 3. Brainstorm your keywords
- The title of your product and the first few lines of the description are the most important places to have keywords.
- A keyword is a word or phrase that people will put into a search bar to find something.
- When thinking of keywords you need to put yourself in the mind of the customer.
- 4. Think about shipping
- Will you be shipping domestic, international or both?
- Never undercharge for shipping – you need to ensure you are covering these costs.
- 5. You need policies
- You need to have clear and up to date policies to protect you and be up front with customers.
- Your policies will always develop as your business grows.
- Read the policies of established businesses to get a good idea of what you should cover.
- Registration for Set Up Shop opens next week! Click here to find out more.
Download or Listen to This Episode
(You can also subscribe to the podcast and listen to this episode on iTunes + Stitcher – just search ‘Create & Thrive’.)