This episode (and last week’s!) are aimed at handmade business owners who’ve been around for a while – because once business is growing, you’ll start coming up against a whole new set of challenges.
If you’re still new to handmade business, don’t skip these eps, though! While the tips might not yet be relevant to you, they might help you avoid some common pitfalls in the future, and set you up with good habits that will stand you in good stead as your business grows.
This ep is part two (if you haven’t listened to last weeks episode go do that first). This week covers tips 6-10.
I also announce a brand-new program that I’ve created to help you start, grow, or revitalise your handmade business – and it’s pretty epic! You can find out more about that here.
Quotes and highlights from this Episode:
- 6. Raise your prices
- If you are getting really busy and struggling to keep up, raising your prices can reduce your workload
- This can be reviewed on a regular basis as your experience and reputation grows.
- Start small. Consider adding 10% for example.
- 7. Establish a morning routine
- How you start your day can have a huge impact on how productive and happy you are.
- Come up with a plan, try it out and see how it goes.
- 8. Dump venues that aren’t working
- When you begin you take advantage of many venues available to you but this can become unmanageable later on.
- Think about what works for your brand and get rid of the ones that aren’t working.
- 9. Plan your time better
- If you don’t already have a coherent interlinked time management system it is time to change that, now.
- There are all sorts of time management systems available to use to help you plan.
- 10. Do some long term goal setting
- Look at your 6 month, 1 year and 5 year goals.
- Long term goal setting is important as you should have a vision of where you want to end up.
- Things change too so if you wrote yout goals previously maybe you need to revisit these.
Download or Listen to This Episode
(You can also subscribe to the podcast and listen to this episode on iTunes + Stitcher – just search ‘Create & Thrive’.)