I was lucky enough to join some wonderful creative business colleagues at this year’s Artful Business Conference!
That, of course, included a number of Thriver Circle members… you can see that we were taking thing very, very seriously…
As always, I came away from the weekend energised, inspired, and full of new ideas (as well as reminders of ‘old’ ones I’d put on the back-burner).
This week, I wanted to share with you some highlights and some advice I took from the event that will help all our businesses thrive.
In this episode I share with you what I came away with and my own personal ‘best bits’ of the Artful Business Conference.
I also share some pretty exciting changes for Thriver Circle Members… so let’s go!
Quotes and Highlights from this Episode:
- One of the key note speakers was the knowledgeable Kate Toon who spoke all things SEO (Search Engine Optimisation).
- SEO is a topic that is so important to learn about and utilise as a business tool.
- It is incredibly important to get it right so that you show up in search engines.
- Another speaker who was a breath of fresh air was Elle Roberts with her talk on the ‘7 Rules for Entrepreneurs and When to Break Them’.
- Because let’s face it, sometimes the rules need to be broken!
- Remembering there are no hard and fast rules and that you must run your business in a way that works for you is so important.
- Kylie Lewis shared some insights into marketing and delved deep into the ‘Why’ of your business and how important it is.
- Kylie shared a video with us that I wanted to pass on to you as it really helps open up marketing possibilities by re-framing the order in which we tell our story:
- I want to share with you my own takeaways/action steps: what I will be doing with all this new information and inspiration:
- I will be updating my websites
- I will work on my SEO
- I will be putting myself out there offering my knowledge and experience on other podcasts (watch this space!)
- A few little changes that will make big impacts within the Thriver Circle to shake things up a little.
- A new Q&A video series to answer your questions about running a handmade business (if you have one I can answer in under 5 min, leave it in the comments below!).