This episode (and next week’s!) are aimed at handmade business owners who’ve been around for a while – because once business is growing, you’ll start coming up against a whole new set of challenges.
If you’re still new to handmade business, don’t skip these eps, though! While the tips might not yet be relevant to you, they might help you avoid some common pitfalls in the future, and set you up with good habits that will stand you in good stead as your business grows.
This ep got long – so I split it into two parts! Tips 1-5 this week, and tips 6-10 next week.
If you have any tips for fellow established sellers, share them with us in the comments below!
Quotes and highlights from this Episode:
- I often focus on people transitioning from hobby to business – this episode is for those who have been running their businesses for a while.
- 1. Streamline your order processing.
- This will save you time and stress, as if you have a rock-solid system in place, you won’t make mistakes (like sending the wrong order to the wrong person!).
- I share our system in this post.
- 2. Reduce & simplify your inventory.
- When you’ve been in business a while, you often have ‘old’ products that might not fit with the direction your business has taken.
- It’s scary to let go, but it can be a huge weight off, and can actually result in MORE sales as your shop is more cohesive, professional, and easier to navigate for your customers.
- 3. Get strategic with social media.
- It’s time to stop wasting time and faffing about on social media.
- Pick 2 to focus on, and do them really, really well!
- 4. Hire help!
- You will eventually hit the upper limit of what you can do on your own.
- If you want to grow, you need to get help – either in your business, or in other parts of your life, so you have the time to focus on growth.
- 5. Schedule breaks.
- This is crucial to avoid burnout and maintain your passion and enthusiasm.
- Work breaks into every day, or focus on having a chunk of time off each week, with longer breaks when you can.
- Stay tuned next week for the second 5 tips!
- P.S. I introduce something pretty epic I’m working on for you at the end of this episode…
Download or Listen to This Episode
(You can also subscribe to the podcast and listen to this episode on iTunes + Stitcher – just search ‘Create & Thrive’.)