We all face challenges when starting a business – or even further along the track when we are attempting to grow and change.
I know I still get a little bit of fear when I launch a new product, publish a post or start a new project. Even after almost 10 years in business! That feeling never goes away completely, but it does lessen as you do it over and over and over again.
This week I’m bringing you one of the very first episodes I ever created. In it, I discuss 4 things that might be acting as roadblocks on your path to success – and how to face and overcome each one.
Also! Thriver Circle membership is opening for the final time in 2017!
Membership opens 11am Wednesday morning AEST, and closes 11am Saturday morning AEST.
You can find out all about the Circle and join right here – and head on over to this page to find out all the details on the Your Year to Thrive course that you get exclusive access to as a member of the Circle.
Love the show? You can show your support by:
- Leaving a review on the C&T FB page.
- Leaving a review on iTunes.
- Donating a few dollars towards the costs of producing the pod.
- Joining the Thriver Circle – without the members of the Circle, this podcast would not be possible.
Quotes and highlights from this episode:
- ‘There were times when I thought, I’m never going to figure anything out’
- Having people to talk to – like a mentor or group – is the best place to learn.
- The info is out there, it’s really about having a filter.
- You CAN break out of the lifestyle you have created for yourself and you can create something different.
- There are a lot of time-wasting things we do. Figure out what they are, stop wasting them and let yourself be goal-centered on how you spend those pockets of time.
- It’s never been easier than it is now to make money from your creativity.
- You need to spend one or the other – you need to spend time or money. You need to decide what you have more of to spend.
- The most important thing that holds you back is fear.
- Are you being positive or are you telling yourself negative thoughts?
- “You can be confident and humble at the same time.”
- “You will fail and you will fail a lot and you’ll do it over and over and that is OK.”
- Don’t be scared of doing things because you think you won’t be doing it right.
- “Just Start”
- Whenever you put anything out into the world, it’s scary because you’re putting a little piece of yourself out there for the world to judge.
- “Feel the fear and do it anyway”
- Focus on the small wins, the little steps you can take to overcoming these things everyday.
Download or listen to this episode.
You can also subscribe to the podcast and listen to this episode on iTunes + Stitcher)
Want to start or overhaul an Etsy shop?
Download this FREE 2-page checklist now - it's part of my Handmade Business Toolkit for Makers.
Don't make those common Etsy mistakes: make sure your Etsy shop is the best it can be!
(P.S. It’s also packed full of links to additional resources on all aspects of Etsy shop setup.)