There are so many different fears that we face when starting and growing a business.
You may think you are the only one who feels these things – but you are not. We ALL feel a huge range of fears around fear, success, and many other things.
The key is to feel the fear and do it anyway.
Love the show? You can show your support by:
- Leaving a review on the C&T FB page.
- Leaving a review on iTunes.
- Donating a few dollars towards the costs of producing the pod.
- Joining the Thriver Circle – without the members of the Circle, this podcast would not be possible.
Quotes & Highlights in this episode:
- There are lots of different fears for the business that can hold us back.
- It’s important to acknowledge these fears and push through them.
- The Fear of Failure: what if I will never be a success or get to where I want to go?
- “What’s the worst that can happen if your dream doesn’t turn into a reality?”
- Success takes time – 1, 2 or even 5 years.
- The Fear of Success: what happens when I succeed?
- Plan ahead for increased workload and outputs early on – consider systems and processes.
- The Fear of Making the Wrong Decision: what happens if I make the wrong, or no, choice?
- “Thing the thing to know about business is there are no guarantees, there are no right or wrong answers.”
- “Business is risky, you have to see it as an experiment.”
- “Fail fast, fail often and see it as a learning experience”
- The Fear of Theft: what happens if someone copies my work?
- Ensure you use due diligence and be prepared in the unlikely chance this happens. Manage it and then move on.
- See Podcast Episodes 124 and 126 for more on handmade business legalities.
- The Fear of Being Alone: what if I say no to a request?
- There is a line between being customer service focused and ensuring your work life is sustainable.
- Always under promise and over deliver.
- Know your limits and policies are to make decisions easier. Be firm but fair.
- Everybody feels these fears. You are not alone.
Download or listen to this episode.
Want to start or overhaul an Etsy shop?
Download this FREE 2-page checklist now - it's part of my Handmade Business Toolkit for Makers.
Don't make those common Etsy mistakes: make sure your Etsy shop is the best it can be!
(P.S. It’s also packed full of links to additional resources on all aspects of Etsy shop setup.)