Okay, are you ready? Because I’ve got a BUMPER list for you today! Some weeks, it just seems as though everyone decides to be brilliant and useful and interesting at the same time. This was one of them.
Here are our fave reads of the week:
- Goodnight. Sleep Clean – New York Times (Ever wondered why we need sleep, really? Scientists think they’ve figured it out.)
- 10 Creative Rituals You Should Steal – 99U (I particularly like the idea of a quarterly week off. I’m aiming for something like that this year.) (This site/resource is no longer available)
- Google+ for Brands in 2014 – Digital Insights (If you’ve been completely stumped on how on earth to ACTUALLY use G+… this is a must-read.)
- How to Deal With Difficult Social Media Followers – Forbes (They advocate an approach I agree with.)
- 6 Things You Should Stop Focusing On Immediately – Owner Mag (We all get distracted by these things and waste time that we could be spending more profitably!) (This site/resource is no longer available)
- Zen Productivity – Zen Habits (When anxiety gets in the way – try these strategies.)
- Project New Year with Etsy: Small business tips from a full-time mum – Kidspot (This one is for those of you with little ones at home – Cath has done an amazing job growing her business by finding the right product, branding, and marketing combo.) (This site/resource is no longer available)
- Neil deGrasse Tyson and Neil Gaiman on the Secret of Genius – Brain Pickings (This. This is it.)
- How To Perform At Your Peak Every Day: 10 Tips For Working Smarter In 2014 – Forbes (My favourite? Don’t check your email first thing!)
- Who Cares What Chris Brogan is Drinking? – Convince & Convert (It’s all about being a real person. Who cares.)
- The NASA Studies on Napping – priceonomics (Ever felt guilty for napping? Don’t! Here’s why…)
- 10 Money Lies You Can’t Afford to Tell Yourself – Forbes (If you’re self-employed, you might be neglecting some long-term money planning – don’t.)
I’ll leave you with this thought for the day:
Want to start or overhaul an Etsy shop?
Download this FREE 2-page checklist now - it's part of my Handmade Business Toolkit for Makers.
Don't make those common Etsy mistakes: make sure your Etsy shop is the best it can be!
(P.S. It’s also packed full of links to additional resources on all aspects of Etsy shop setup.)