Here are our fave reads of the week:
From Megan E:
- 6 Questions You Must Be Able to Answer about Your Products and Services – Tara Gentile (This is a great clip for Tara’s 3 day creativeLIVE course on Value Pricing and Business Models
- Social Media and the Perils of Looking for ‘Likes’ – CNN (This article isn’t targeted for business owners but it’s an eye-opening look at how social media was made by big corporations and you can draw a lot of parallels between how you might be using social media and how unwitting teens are using it.)
- The Best (and Hardest) Parts of Being a Business Owner – Evolve and Succeed (A great series that shows it’s not always easy to work for yourself.) (This site/resource is no longer available)
- Should You Give it All Up and Follow Your Heart? Here’s How to Know for Sure – Marie Forleo (I don’t know about you, but there’s never a bad time to ponder that big decision you need to make.)
- How to Tweet Like a Rock Star As a Small Business in 2014 – Code Anthology (Some really great, practical twitter tips)
- Can Abundance Kill Creativity? – Jonathan Fields (I’ve often considered this issue – when you’re comfortable, do you become less creative?)
- A Simple Exercise to Increase Well-Being and Lower Depression from Martin Seligman, Founding Father of Positive Psychology – Brain Pickings (Proven techniques to make you feel good… and it’s all about gratitude.)
- The 9 Essential Habits Of Mentally Strong People – HuffPost (Do you exhibit these traits?)
Want to start or overhaul an Etsy shop?
Download this FREE 2-page checklist now - it's part of my Handmade Business Toolkit for Makers.
Don't make those common Etsy mistakes: make sure your Etsy shop is the best it can be!
(P.S. It’s also packed full of links to additional resources on all aspects of Etsy shop setup.)