Speaking + Workshops
I speak regularly on many aspects of running a successful online craft/creative business.
“Thanks so much for your fantastic social media presentation. Your warm and engaging style created a relaxed environment in which everyone felt comfortable to ask questions and contribute.
Feedback from members who attended has been very positive. All felt inspired and boosted with confidence to incorporate their new found knowledge into their small business or organisation. We’ll definitely be asking you back for our next series of workshops.”
Shannon Sheedy, C/O Fair Trade Association of Australia & New Zealand.
I am a particularly passionate advocate for the importance of social media and list-building for small business – especially online, independent businesses.
I am also a qualified ex-teacher, having worked in the education industry throughout my adult life – including positions with the Queensland Department of Education, CSIRO, and the Queensland Museum.
If your organisation is interested in having me speak about social media, membership sites, podcasting, growing an independent online business, or any other related topic, please contact me (jess AT createandthrive.com).
I am based in Brisbane, but am available to travel with sufficient notice.
I’m a regular guest lecturer at the Institute of Continuing & TESOL Education at the University of Queensland.
I have spoken in a number of online summits.
My past in-person speaking experience includes:
- Artful Business Conference 2015
- Small Business Series at Brisbane Square Library in August + September 2014
- Problogger Training Day – Gold Coast
- Numerous talks for BrisStyle
- Online Entreprenureship for Young People – for Gold Coast Libraries as part of Youth Week – April 2013
- Facebook for your business – Cutting Edge Fashion Marketing info night – November 2012
- Social Media for Crafty Biz – for Gold Coast Libraries – October 2012
- Social Media for Crafty Biz – Hey Maker in Murwillumbah – October 2012
- Social Media for Crafty Biz – for BrisStyle – October 2012
- Set up Shop – for Gold Coast Libraries – September 2012
- Key speaker at the Artful Business Conference in Brisbane, September 2012.
- Panelist – ‘Tips for Top Sellers’ – Etsy Success Sydney, June 2012.
- Etsy Workshop – hosted by the Queenslanders Credit Union – a 3-hour workshop to help Etsy newbies lean how to turn their hobby into a paying endeavour. March 2012.
- Social Media – from Etsy and Beyond – for BrisStyle and the Brisbane City Council – November 5th, 2011 – and upcoming in 2012.
- Social media for small biz – 1-hour talk at the AGM for the Fair Trade Association of Australia and New Zealand in Melbourne – October 2011.
- Social media for Creative Business – 2-hour presentation for BrisStyle – March 2011
Speaker photo courtesy of BrisStyle.